- Road Name: Fruit Growers Express (PRR)
- Road Number: 32799
- Product Line: Trainman
- System: 2-Rail
- Scale: O Scale
- Release: 3rd Quarter 2016
Two Road Numbers are available per Road Name.
- Separately applied roof walks, ladder, brake wheel & brake lines
- Accurate painting & lettering
- See-through roof walks
- Metal couplers and sprung die-cast trucks
- True scale dimensions with accurate details
- Weighted, detailed underframes
- 2-rail cars feature scale wheels and body mounted scale couplers
- 3-rail trucks pre-drilled for Adjust-A-Coupler™ System (sold separately)
- Minimum diameter curve: 0-31 (3-Rail)
- Minimum radius curve: 24" (2-Rail)
This ATLAS O TRAINMAN® model is based upon the typical RBL class of insulated box cars that were used to carry canned goods that required protection from extremes of temperature, but not refrigeration. These cars had neither ice bunkers nor cooling units.
Plug-style doors were normally used to ensure a tight seal in the insulation. Designed for transport of both perishables and large loads, plug doors allowed box cars to be sealed from outside dust and dirt. These ATLAS O TRAINMAN™ units are painstakingly designed to provide many hours of optimum, smooth performance and hours of modeling enjoyment.