MTH 20-97830 - Coalporter Hopper Car "Union Pacific"
- Road Name: Union Pacific
- Product Line: Premier
- Scale: O Scale
- Estimated Release: Apr. 2016
- Intricately Detailed Durable ABS Body
- Metal Wheels and Axles
- Operating Interior Lighting
- Die-Cast 4-Wheel Trucks
- Colorful, Attractive Paint Schemes
- Operating Die-Cast Metal Couplers
- Fast-Angle Wheel Sets
- Needle-Point Axles
- 1:48 Scale Dimensions
- O Scale Kadee Compatible Coupler Mounting Pads
- Unit Measures:13 1/8" x 2 5/8" x 3 3/8"
- Operates On O-31 Curves
The Coalporter is one of the latest evolutions in the more-than-150-year history of the American coal hopper. But technically speaking, it's not a hopper. It's a high-sided gondola, because it lacks the bottom-opening doors that characterize a true hopper. The only way to unload a Coalporter is to turn it upside down, which is exactly what happens at the rotary unloading facilities at factories and power plants served by Coalporter trains.
We Also Recommend
Atlas O 2001016 - Trainman - 50'6" Box Car "Burlington Northern" new road numbers for 2018
Atlas O 2001020 - Trainman - 50'6" Box Car "Union Pacific" new road numbers for 2018