Lionel 6-81605 - PS-1 Boxcars "AT&SF Map & Slogan" (5-Car)
- Rail Line: Santa Fe
- Gauge: O Gauge
- Scale Type: Scale
- Brand: Lionel
- Power: Electric
- Min Curve: O31
- Dimensions: Length per Boxcar: 11 1/4"
- Most Recent Catalog: 2014 Lionel Signature Edition
- "El Capitan" Scale PS-1 Boxcar
- "Chief" Scale PS-1 Boxcar
- "Super Chief" Scale PS-1 Boxcar
- "Scout" Scale PS-1 Boxcar
- "Grand Canyon" Scale PS-1 Boxcar
- Die-cast metal sprung trucks and operating couplers with hidden uncoupling tabs
- Durable plastic frames with metal underframe details
- Separately applied metal underframe details
- Opening doors
- Box loads in interior
Beginning in 1940, the Santa Fe Railroad initiated a new series of promotional decoration on their extensive fleet boxcars. One of five ATSF passenger line slogans – Grand Canyon Line, Scout, El Capitan, Super Chief, and Chief – was featured on a single side of each boxcar. On the opposite side, a large Santa Fe system map was boldly applied.
Implemented until 1947, the short- lived ATSF slogan series was a common site on Santa Fe freight lines, and rates today as one of the most notable schemes in freight car history.
We Also Recommend