Lionel 6-81688 - 50-Ton Twin Hopper "Burlington" (3-Car)
- Rail Line: Burlington
- Road Number: 188010, 188042, 188005
- Gauge: O Gauge
- Scale Type: Scale
- Brand: Lionel
- Min Curve: O31
- Dimensions: Length 8"
- Most Recent Catalog: 2016 Lionel Volume 2 Catalog
- All New Tooling!
- Die-cast metal sprung trucks and operating couplers with hidden uncoupling tabs
- Durable plastic body with die-cast frame
- Scale dimensions and a high level of detail replicating the prototype GLA hopper
- Removable coal load insert
- Molded pads for easy conversion to scale couplers
- Unique road number on each hopper
- Opening hopper doors
The Pennsylvania Railroad built more than 30,000 GLA hoppers between 1904 and 1911. Similar cars were rostered by several other roads as well with thousands of cars still in service as late as the 1960s.
We Also Recommend
Atlas O 2001016 - Trainman - 50'6" Box Car "Burlington Northern" new road numbers for 2018
Atlas O 2001020 - Trainman - 50'6" Box Car "Union Pacific" new road numbers for 2018