Lionel 6-81828 - Round Roof Boxcar "Great Northern"
- Rail Line: Great Northern
- Road Number: 5885
- Gauge: O Gauge
- Scale Type: Scale
- Brand: Lionel
- Min Curve: O-31
- Dimensions: Length: 11 1/4”
- Most Recent Catalog: 2014 Lionel Volume 2 Catalog
- Die-cast metal sprung trucks and operating couplers
- Hidden uncoupling tabs
- Durable plastic frames with separately applied metal underframe details
- Opening doors
In the early 1930s, Pennsylvania developed a new round roof style of boxcar thatallowed for a taller 10' inner height and increased overall loading volume. By the end of the decade the efficient round roof design was adopted by the AAR and utilized on other railroads.
We Also Recommend