Lionel 6-81896 - PS-4 Flatcar "New York Central" w/ Piggybacks #506266
- Rail Line: New York Central
- Road Number: 506266
- Gauge: O Gauge
- Scale Type: Scale
- Brand: Lionel
- Min Curve: O36
- Dimensions: Length: 14 3/4"
- Most Recent Catalog: 2014 Lionel Signature Edition
- Die-cast metal sprung trucks with operating couplers and hidden uncoupling tabs
- Real wood flatcar deck
- Die-cast metal flatcar body
- Transport bridge plates on flatcar ends raise and lower
- Separately applied metal underframe details
- Two removable trailers with opening doors
- Opening end doors on trailers, with adjustable landing gear, flexible mud flaps, spare tire
As early as the 1940’s “Piggyback”-style trailers were hauled by the railroads on the decks of flatcars. After their journey on the rails, these same trailers were then pulled by semi-tractor trucks to reach their final destinations.
Now you can have the complete intermodal cycle with flatcars, trailers, and tractor trucks available in a variety of road names.
We Also Recommend