Atlas O 2002108 - Trainman - 52'6" Gondola "Western Maryland"
- Road Name: Western Maryland
- System: 3-Rail
- Product Line: Atlas O
- Scale: O Scale
- Separately applied ladder, brake wheel & brake lines
- Accurate painting & lettering
- Metal couplers and sprung die-cast trucks
- True scale dimensions with accurate details
- Weighted, detailed underframes
- 3-rail trucks pre-drilled for Adjust-A-Coupler™ System (sold separately)
Based upon another popular prototype car by ACF (American Car & Foundry), this ATLAS O TRAINMAN® model captures the look and function of one of the most utilitarian of all freight cars. Often called, “the work horse of the steel industry”, the gondola is basically a flat car with sides, allowing more, and different types, of loads to be transported.
The gondola dates to about 1830 and was first used on early railways and tramways to move coal. Ours features crisp detailing, including a see-through brakewheel platform and accurate painting and printing. The ATLAS O TRAINMAN® gondola will find as many uses on a model railroad as the prototype did on the great rail lines of America!
We Also Recommend