Atlas O 3001910 - 1923 ARA (X-29) 40' Steel Box Car "Erie Lackawanna"
- Road Name: Erie Lackawanna (M of W)
- System: 3-Rail
- Product Line: Atlas O
- Scale: O Scale
- Estimated Release: 4th Quarter 2017
Four road numbers are available per road name except for Erie Lackawanna (MoW), which has two.
- Highly detailed ABS body
- Die-cast chassis
- Flat or corrugated ends are per the prototype
- Detail variations as appropriate for each version
- Different door styles
- All metal separately-applied grab irons, ladders and stirrups
- Accurate painting and lettering
- Minimum diameter curve: O-31 (3-Rail)
- Minimum radius curve: 24" (2-Rail)
- Some assembly required for undecorated models.
In 1923, the ARA (American Railway Association) proposed a standard design all-steel box car for the railroads. While the design was certainly a good one, the car never became a recommended practice due to questions of the selected inside width. Nonetheless, quite a few railroads opted for the design and rostered sizeable fleets. The largest group of cars, by far, was class X-29 of the Pennsylvania Railroad.
We Also Recommend
Atlas O 2001016 - Trainman - 50'6" Box Car "Burlington Northern" new road numbers for 2018
Atlas O 2001020 - Trainman - 50'6" Box Car "Union Pacific" new road numbers for 2018