Atlas O 3003608 - Standard Cupola Caboose "Wheeling & Lake Erie"
- Road Name: Wheeling & Lake Erie
- System: 3-Rail
- Product Line: Atlas O
- Scale: O Scale
- Release: 1st Quarter 2017
Two road numbers are available per road name except for Norfolk Southern and MKT, which have one.
- Full interior with crew figures
- Illuminated interior
- Flashing warning light on rear
- All metal grab irons
- Die-cast chassis
- Barber-Bettendorf caboose trucks with rotating bearing caps
- Optional scale couplers supplied with all 3-rail cars
- Minimum diameter curve: O-36 (3-Rail)
Based on prototypes that were built during the 1960s, these cabooses were popular on railroads from coast-coast.
With the advancement of the End-of-Train device, cabooses slowly began to fall out of favor. However, in the early 2000’s, “shoving platforms” began to appear as a place to safely house a crew when a reverse move was required. Instead of riding on the side of a freight car, the crew member now has a safe place to stand, while guiding the rear of a reverse move. Atlas’ shoving platform cabooses will feature blanked out windows (Where appropriate).
We Also Recommend
Atlas O 2001016 - Trainman - 50'6" Box Car "Burlington Northern" new road numbers for 2018
Atlas O 2001020 - Trainman - 50'6" Box Car "Union Pacific" new road numbers for 2018