Atlas O 3003905 - 40' Steel Reefer "Pacific Fruit Express"
- Road Name: Pacific Fruit Express
- System: 3-Rail
- Product Line: Atlas O
- Scale: O Scale
- Estimated Release: 1st Quarter 2016
Four road numbers are available per road name.
- True 1/4" dimensions and details
- Die-cast ladders, stirrups and grab irons
- Weighted chassis
- 50-ton Bettendorf trucks
- Prototypical painting and lettering
- Simulated Aluminum finish on 2-pack cars
- Scale 33" wheels and scale couplers (2-rail)
- Minimum diameter curve: O-36 (3-rail)
- Minimum radius curve: 24" (2-rail)
Please note: Atlas "O" scale couplers can also be used on both 2-rail and 3-rail versions.
This model is based on the Pacific Fruit Express R-40-10 class reefer which was built in 1936 & 1937. This reefer was a very successful design for PFE and the 4,700 cars that were built constituted one of the largest orders ever for refrigerator cars.
We Also Recommend