Atlas O 3005111 - 70 Ton Covered Hopper "SOO Line"
- Road Name:Soo Line
- System: 3-Rail
- Product Line: Atlas O
- Scale: O Scale
Four Road Numbers are available per Road Name, except for Chessie System and International Minerals & Chemicals which have two.
- True 1/4" dimensions and details
- Open triangular or closed side panels as appropriate per road name
- Die-cast chassis
- Operating hatch locking mechanism
- All metal grab irons and stirrups
- Accurate painting and lettering
- Minimum Diameter Curve (3-Rail): O-36
- Minimum Radius Curve (2-Rail): 24"
Introduced by American Car & Foundry (ACF®) in the mid-1930s, the 70 Ton Covered Hopper, with 1958 cu.ft. capacity, offered an improved design for the transport of dry bulk goods. The car proved to be widely popular and could be found on most major rail lines. Thousands of cars were built, not only by ACF®, but by the other major builders as well. The cars led very productive service lives until the 1970s, and some may still be found in maintenance-of-way on-line service.