Atlas O 30124016 - F-7 Locomotive "Undecorated" (Powered) - B Unit (2-Rail)
- Road Name: Undecorated
- System: 2-Rail
- Product Line: Atlas O
- Scale: O Scale
- Estimated Release: 4th Quarter 2015
- Steam generator detail on either the A or B unit as appropriate by railroad
- Highly detailed body with railroad-specific details
- Available in powered and unpowered versions
- All metal grab irons
- Die-cast metal chassis, fuel tank and trucks
- Twin flywheel-equipped motors
- Directional golden-white LED lighting
- Accurate painting and lettering
- Close-coupling between units
- Weight: 5 lbs/unit; Length: Approx. 12.5”/unit
- Minimum radius curve (2-Rail): 36”
- Sound equipped
Atlas continues its series of historic EMD F-unit locomotives with this latest release of the F-7. The mid-1940s found the majority of North American railroads in the process of re-equipping their motive power fleets. The war effort had taken its toll on the steam locomotive and the rail lines were now looking at the diesel newcomer which had proven itself during World War II. At the forefront was General Motors with their E and F series of passenger and freight locomotives. This series of models focuses on the year 1947, and highlights the motive power direction of some of America’s most well-known railways. These locos also feature some of the most colorful paint schemes ever applied to freight and passenger locomotives.
Fuel Tank – This applies to all F7s. The fuel tank is being retooled to have the correct height. This will also be available as a separate part to retrofit older models, including prior runs of F2s and F3s.
Passenger Pilot – This new tooling will be used as appropriate per road name. On this run, it will be used with the PRR and Milwaukee Road F7A models.
PRR Trainphone Antenna – The new part will also be used on the PRR models (A-units only, per the prototype).
The F7 2-rail locomotives have QSI Titan Decoders in them with firmware #3
We Also Recommend