Atlas O 2000011 - Trainman - 20' Containers "Mediterranean Shipping Co."
- Road Name: Mediterranean Shipping Co.
- Road Number: 232225, 232267
- System: 3-Rail
- Product Line: Trainman
- Scale: O Scale
- Release: 1st Quarter 2018
Eight road numbers are available per road name. Each item number is a 2-pack, with two road numbers.
- Scale length, width and height
- Prototypical paint schemes & lettering
- Non-opening doors
- 20’ based on corrugated design with logo panels
- Accurate painting and lettering for steel 20-foot containers
- Two containers will fit end-to-end in the Atlas O Gunderson Twin Stack cars.
The development of shipping containers reached a turning point in the late 1970s when standardization began to take place. Prior to this time numerous designs and sizes of containers were seen throughout the world. The true intermodal era began in the 1980s with the expanding world economy, Panama Canal ship size restrictions, intermodal railway car (wagon) designs and the setting of ISO standards for international shipping containers.
Steel became the norm and the standard-height (8’ 6”) 20-foot containers eventually became standard worldwide.
In addition to ISO size standardization, assembly-line manufacturing standardization brought the steel container from various aluminum and steel designs to a more similar design. In the late 1970s squared corrugations with double logo panels were the common new-builds.
We Also Recommend