Atlas O 2001738 - Trainman - Bay Window Caboose "Chessie" Handle with Care
- Separately applied see-through roof walk, smoke stack, brake wheel and brake lines
- Premium die-cast couplers and friction bearing caboose trucks
- Weighted, detailed underframes
- Accurate and colorful decoration
- Interior lighting with on/off control switch on chassis
- Minimum diameter curve:0-31 (3-Rail)
Along with the Extended-Vision body style, the Bay Window Caboose became one of the preferred designs for cabooses built in the 1950s and beyond. It offered improved visibility for better views of the train while in motion as well as modern amenities for the crew. This TRAINMAN model is based upon features of the Southern Pacific C-30-6 bay window cabooses of 1951, but at the same time is representative of the thousands of such cars used on American railroads.