Atlas O 2001819 - Trainman - AAR 70 Ton 3-Bay Open Hopper "Alaska"
- Road Name: Alaska
- Product Line: Atlas O -Trainman
- Scale: O Scale
- Estimated Release: 3rd Quarter 2018
Two road numbers are available per road name.
- Separately-applied coal load, brake wheel and brakewheel platform
- Either flat end or arched end as appropriate for railroad
- Accurate painting and lettering
- Metal couplers and sprung die-cast trucks
- True scale dimensions with accurate details
- Weighted, detailed underframes
- 2-rail cars feature scale wheels and body mounted scale couplers
- 3-rail trucks pre-drilled for Atlas O Adjust-A-Couplers®
This familiar hopper was an industry standard on many railroads since the 1930s. It was adopted by the AAR as a recommended design, but fell out of favor by the mid-1950s. While offering greater capacity over cars with conventional flat sides, the original open hoppers created corrosive interaction between acidic coal and the car’s joints, leading to costly rebuilding programs.
We Also Recommend
Atlas O 2001016 - Trainman - 50'6" Box Car "Burlington Northern" new road numbers for 2018
Atlas O 2001020 - Trainman - 50'6" Box Car "Union Pacific" new road numbers for 2018