Atlas O 2002454 - Trainman - 40' Stock Cars "Chicago & North Western" - 2 Rail
- Product Line: Trainman
- System: 2-Rail
- Scale: O Scale
- Release: 1st Quarter 2019
Two Road Numbers are available per Road Name.
- Separately applied roof walks, ladder, brake wheel & brake lines
- Accurate painting & lettering
- See-through roof walks
- Metal couplers and sprung die-cast trucks
- True scale dimensions with accurate details
- Weighted, detailed underframes
- 3-rail trucks pre-drilled for Adjust-A-Coupler™ System (sold separately)
During the heyday of rail transport, livestock was routinely shipped in complete trainloads to packing plants throughout the country. The typical stock car was based upon a 40’ box car modified with open slat sides and possibly internal decking for the smaller breeds of animals. Designed primarily for transporting cows and pigs, original stock cars date back to the 1860’s, and could carry up to 20,000 pounds of livestock.
Their use became rare by the 1980’s, due to humane, safety and cost concerns. This ATLAS O TRAINMAN® model is a typical reproduction of a once-common freight car style. Resplendent with eye-popping details and engineered for reliability and historical accuracy, the ATLAS O TRAINMAN® 40’ Stock Car is a must-have addition to any O Scale layout!
We Also Recommend
Atlas O 2001016 - Trainman - 50'6" Box Car "Burlington Northern" new road numbers for 2018
Atlas O 2001020 - Trainman - 50'6" Box Car "Union Pacific" new road numbers for 2018