Atlas O 2002509 - Trainman - 3-Bay PS-2 Covered Hopper "Erie Lackawanna"
- Product Line: Trainman
- Scale: O Scale
- System: 3-Rail
- Estimated Release: 4th Quarter 2017
Two Road Numbers are available per Road Name.
- Roller bearing trucks with rotating bearing caps
- Separately applied ladders, brake wheel & brake line detail
- True scale dimensions with accurate details
- Weighted, detailed underframes
- 2-Rail cars feature scale wheels and body-mounted scale couplers
- Metal couplers and sprung die-cast trucks
- Accurate painting and lettering
The highly successful PS-2 covered hopper was designed by Pullman Standard in the 1940s. This virtually all-welded 2-bay hopper had a 2003 cubic foot capacity and wa well suited for a variety of transportable bulk commodities such as sugar, wheat and oat flour and calcium carbide. However by 1952, the demand for a larger covered hopper was quite evident. Pullman Standard quickly responded with new 3-bay car. This new hopper was just what the railroads and lessees wanted and it soon superseded the 2-bay car in production.
We Also Recommend
Atlas O 2001016 - Trainman - 50'6" Box Car "Burlington Northern" new road numbers for 2018
Atlas O 2001020 - Trainman - 50'6" Box Car "Union Pacific" new road numbers for 2018