|Released Date:||May 2022
|Individually Boxed:||No - 4 to a case|
Unlettered car will be painted dark green with a black roof, but with no lettering or number printing. Four road numbers are available
The Osgood Bradley Company of Worcester, MA was founded in 1822 to build carriages and stagecoaches. The company began manufacturing railroad cars in the mid 1800s. Osgood Bradley was purchased by Pullman in the early 1930s. In 1934 the company developed a tubular carbody with a rounded roof end utilizing Cor-Ten steel, a lightweight copper-steel alloy. These new cars weighed 15 tons less than their non-lightweight counterparts. The New Haven Railroad was the first and the largest purchaser of these cars. Other purchasers included Boston & Maine, Bangor & Aroostook Railroad, Kansas City Southern, Seaboard Air Line, Cotton Belt and Lehigh Valley. These cars were used on both long distance and local trains and served well into the 1970’s.