Atlas O 3001035 - H21A Hopper "Pennsylvania Keystone" (Coal Goes To War)
- Road Name: PRR Keystone "Coal Goes To War"
- Road Number: 196325, 196813, 747683, 747803
- System: 3-Rail
- Product Line: Atlas O
- Scale: O Scale
- Estimated Release: 2nd Quarter 2018
Four road numbers are available per road name.
- ABS and die-cast Construction
- Designed from the actual PRR blueprints
- Extremely accurate 1/4" scale details and dimensions
- Wire handrails and grab irons
- Accurate painting and printing
- Die-cast stirrups
- Operating hopper doors
- Removeable coal load
- Minimum diameter 3-rail O-45
Please note: Atlas "O" scale couplers can also be used on both 2-rail and 3-rail versions.
One of the most familiar Pennsylvania Railroad freight cars of all time, the H21a was also the largest single hopper car class on the PRR. With over 39,000 cars built, the H21a had an amazing history of service and longevity with several hundred cars lasting well into the Penn Central era. During the 1940s and early 1950s, these hoppers were leased to both the Norfolk & Western and Virginian railroads. Atlas O's version is realistically duplicated from designs based upon actual historical documentation of the lease agreements.
We Also Recommend
Atlas O 2001016 - Trainman - 50'6" Box Car "Burlington Northern" new road numbers for 2018
Atlas O 2001020 - Trainman - 50'6" Box Car "Union Pacific" new road numbers for 2018