Atlas O 3001530 - 40' Re-Built Wood Reefer Car "Lackawanna"
- Road Name: Lackawanna
- System: 3-Rail
- Product Line: Atlas O
- Scale: O Scale
- Estimated Release: April 9, 2015
Two road numbers are available per road name.
- Simulated metal roof
- Raised hatch platforms with simulated hatch plugs
- Brake wheel and brake housing
- Underframe details
- Braking system
- Highly detailed ABS body
- Separately-applied ladders, grab irons and stirrups
- Separately-applied door hinges, handles and latches
- Opening doors
- Separately-applied opening roof hatches, hinges and latches
- Die-cast underframe
- 40-ton Bettendorf-style trucks
- Die-cast articulated couplers (3-Rail)
- Minimum diameter curve (3-Rail): O-31
During their long life span, many of the prototype wood reefers were re-built and modernized at various stages of their service life. This new Atlas O version represents a car as it could be seen in the late 1930s and 1940s, after it was outfitted with several upgrades.