Atlas O 70 000 141 - Starter Set
- Stand Alone Operation – in this case a single signal runs independently of other signals, and displays appropriate aspects, such as red – yellow – green, in a timed manner.
- Integrated ABS Block Signaling – Connecting a number of Signal Control Boards together in a daisy-chain fashion enables you to represent a prototypical block signal system, where the occupancy of the blocks ahead and behind your train determines the aspects displayed by the signals. The number of blocks is controlled by a simple jumper setting on each signal control board.
- Approach-Only Signaling – To better support prototypes whose signals do not illuminate until a train is nearby, the Signal Control Board has a setting to enable this behavior.
- Flashing Aspects – On some railroads, in order to increase the number of indications available to train crews, such as intermediate restrictions, certain flashing aspects are used. These aspects are now supported with flashing yellow and green options, and are automatically enabled for certain prototypes by a single jumper setting.
- Complex and Interlocking Signaling – In combination with our new Interlock Control Module, simple turnout indication or complex route-based signaling is possible.
- Manual Control – Full control of signal aspect for Red, Yellow, Flashing Yellow, Flashing Green (with appropriate auto return to Green) is available for those wishing to create the ultimate in CTC-like systems.
AN INTRODUCTION TO ATLAS’ NEW & IMPROVED SIGNAL SYSTEM
Modern railroads rely on an integrated network of coordinated rules and equipment to move freight and passengers across the country in a timely and safe manner. The most visible aspect of this system to most people is the railroad signal. Located simply by itself along a lonely stretch of single-track mainline, or in concert with many others stretching high above a number of tracks and turnouts near a passenger station or in a freight yard, signals convey important information to train crews regarding what to expect up ahead, and what to do in order to keep their consist moving down the line.
At Atlas, we strive to incorporate the reality of the prototype into your scale modeling experience, and signals are no exception. Our newly designed All Scales Signal System enables you to provide realistic information to your model crews – and your full-scale operators – in a simple yet expandable way. Our growing line of signal heads, masts, and bridges spans most popular modeling eras, and individual signals are easy to attach with standardized plug-and-play connectors, regardless of your modeling scale.
At the center of the new system is our Universal Signal Control Board - item # 70 000 046, which in addition to now supporting both common anode or common cathode signals, gives you the capability of modeling a variety of different prototypical scenarios, see features above.
From basic layouts to large club empires, the All Scales Signal System opens the gateway to enhanced prototypical operation and realism and ensure that “You’re on the Right Track...with Atlas!®”